Spring Fish and Koi Pond Cleaning and Spring Pond Start-Up Services (NJ) Serving Morris, Hunterdon, and Somerset County, NJ
Spring is simply the most exciting time of year here in Northern New Jersey. As our fish ponds slowly awaken from their winter hibernation, there are some things that you can do to make sure your fish and koi pond gets off to a good start this spring, this includes performing a full spring fish pond cleaning or a spring pond start-up.
Some brave pond owners do the Spring Cleaning themselves. We admire their courage but don’t suggest it because:
It’s a very nasty job. The fish have been fed all winter causing excretion at the bottom of the pond. Deckers pond professionals gear up in raincoats, rain pants and waders or rubber boots because they tend to get covered in muck.
It takes longer than you think. It would take the typical pond owner about a week vs. 2-3 hours for your average sized pond by professionals.
Most pond owners are not equipped to successfully move their fish. Pond owners generally don’t feel confident moving and handling fish. In addition, the fish will need constant oxygen in a proper holding container, which most pond owners do not have access to.
Professionals know precisely what to look for. Our pond service professionals notice when things are not right. They also know what to look for based on previous weather. For example, a really bad freeze-thaw cycle during the previous winter means that something mechanical may have shifted. In addition, pond professionals know how much beneficial bacteria to add so the pond ecosystem functions optimally, and the water remains clear.
You sleep better knowing your pond has been cared for completely. A professional job gives assurance that things were done correctly and that your system is up and running in the best manner possible.
Platinum Spring Pond Service
(Full Pond Cleaning)
Gold Spring Service
(Start up and Filter Clean)
All ponds, at some time or another, need a good cleaning.
Platinum Spring Pond Service (Full Pond Cleaning) If you’re new to the hobby you may be asking yourself, What is a Full Spring Pond Cleaning?
1. FIRST (and most importantly!) get your name on the Full Pond Spring Cleaning list. We service dozens of water gardens beginning when the ice thaws, so waiting is NOT your best option!
2. We will call or email you (from the info you provide on the info form) prior to your clean-out to confirm exactly what services and products you will require.
3. On pond cleaning day, be sure to have your garden hose outside (and the water turned on!), waterfall pump(s) and other components readily available and your water garden electrical outlet turned on.
4. A Frog’s Dream Aquatic Services will now get crazy with your water feature! We will drain the water (temporarily housing the fish if you have them). The next step is to give the water feature a quick pressure washing and rinse (we don’t want to remove every bit of the beneficial Bio-Film). Once washed down we will trim back aquatic plants, check underwater light function, re-adjust rocks & gravel, clean filters and skimmers, perform pump maintenance cleaning, and finally install the waterfall pump. When all of this is finished, we will add de-chlorinator to the water, begin refilling the water feature (and re-introducing your fish if you have them). We will also add an initial dose of Algaecide, Flocculant and Pond Starter Bacteria to aid in getting the pond ready for the season.
5. If your water garden includes a pond with fish, upon finishing your pond cleaning we will refill the pond with enough water to re-introduce your fish. YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR FINISHING THE FILLING PROCESS AND PLUGGING IN THE WATERFALL PUMP.
Our Platinum Spring Services are based on the size of pond and other factors. The Platinum Services start at $775.00 for a pond up to 80 SF, $1000.00 for a pond up to 160 SF, and $1,350.00 for a pond up to 300 SF.
Gold Spring Pond Service (Spring Pond Start-up with Filter Clean) What is a Spring Pond Start-Up?
There is one main difference between our Gold Spring Pond service and our Platinum Spring Pond Service. We don’t drain the pond and power wash it during our Gold Spring Pond Service. Other than that we perform many of the same services during a spring pond start-up as we do on a full spring pond clean-out which include:
Washing filter pads or replace if needed (pads not included) , Replace U.V. bulb if applicable (bulb not included) , Clean waterfall of leaves and sticks, Trim aquatic plants, Reconnect pump and start up filtration system, Perform pump maintenance cleaning, Check underwater pond light function. Check the overall condition of the pond to make sure all components are running well. Get your pond up and running for the season by adding an initial dose of Algaecide, Flocculant and Sludge Bacteria.
If you don’t need a Full Pond Cleaning, this service is sure to get your pond off to a great start in the spring.
Our Gold Spring Services are based on the size of pond and other factors. The Gold Spring Service starts at $575.00 for most ponds up to 300 SF For a free quote please click here and submit our quote request form.
Gold Spring Water Feature Service (NJ) (For Fountains, Waterfalls, Retention Pond Fountains and Aerators)
A Frog's Dream also provides our Gold Spring Water Feature Service for those with Fountains, Waterfall and Retention Pond Fountains and Aerators. Spring Service For Waterfalls and Fountains: Clear out any debris in waterfall or fountain accumulated during the winter months. Perform pump maintenance cleaning, Check lights and replace bulbs if needed. Check the overall condition of the fountain or waterfall to make sure all components are running well. Get your waterfall or fountain up and running for the season by adding an initial dose of Algaecide. Spring Service for Retention Pond Fountains and Aerators: Check unit to make sure functioning properly. Reinstall Pond Fountain. For aerators we will clean motor encasement, change diaphragms in air pump (if applicable), clean air filter.
Our Gold Spring Water Feature Services are based on the size of waterfall, fountain, retention pond fountain or aerator and other factors. The Gold Spring Water Feature Services start at $495.00. For a free quote please click here and submit our quote request form.
Our Spring Fish and Koi Pond Cleaning Service areas include most of Northern New Jersey Contact us if you don’t see your County listed below Morris, Hunterdon and Somerset Counties ——– Long Valley, Chester, Far Hills, Bernardsville, Mendham, Peapack, Gladstone, Whitehouse, Whitehouse Station, Basking Ridge, Madison, Green Village, Morristown, Randolph, Roxbuy, Califon, Bridgewater, Somerville, Pittstown, Tewksbury, Chatham, Morris Township, Flemington, Clinton, Asbury, Flanders, Succasunna, Montville, Denville, Morris Plains, Short Hills, Bedminster, Bound Brook, Glen Gardner, Florham Park, High Bridge, Hillsborough, Hopatcong, Ledgewood, Liberty Corner, Martinsville, Mountainside, Harding, Neshanic Station, New Vernon, Oldwick, Raritan, Sparta, Summit, Warren, Cedar Knolls